Refugee Canyon has been providing quality veterinary health care, grooming, and boarding services to the community. With 4 full-time veterinarians and a supportive staff, Refugee Canyon continues to stay on the cutting edge of veterinary care and continues to learn, educate, and grow.
Our RCVS Team strives to maintain long-term relationships with patients and clients, so you can be sure your companions are taken care of by someone you know and trust. Refugee Canyon provides state-of-the-art, individual care combined with loving concern and attention to make you and your pet’s visit as stress free and easy as possible.
FROM THE DOCTORS & STAFF
regarding Coronavirus / COVID-19
Mandatory Protocols & Procedures
(updated SEPTEMBER 5, 2020)
Regardless of the latest developments in the Corona Virus situation, we are committed to keeping everyone healthy. We will continue to monitor and change our protocol to suit our staff's health above all else.
Currently, we are offering the option of waiting inside your vehicle during your pet's examination, or ONE PERSON will be allowed inside the building with your pet (this will not apply if you have children under 14).
EVERYONE THAT COMES INSIDE OUR CLINC MUST WEAR A MASK (INCLUDING CHILDREN) IF YOU CHOOSE TO COME IN WITH YOUR PET
What you need to do for your PET'S APPOINTMENT:
1) Call us when you arrive and STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE WITH YOUR PET(S) until you receive instruction from our staff. We are currently allowing ONE PERSON into the Clinic for their pet's appointment, as long as that person wears an approved mask to cover their nose & mouth.
If you elect to stay inside your vehicle, please be sure the Technician has a current cell number and relay any concerns you are having with your pet so they can discuss it with the Doctor. Remember, the Doctor and our staff will only be able to talk with you via telephone, so please keep your cell phone on and available at all times.
2) Please remain on our premises so you are immediately available to receive your pet when they are finished with their appointment. If you must leave for any reason, please inform our staff when you will return, but you may incur an additional fee if we have to kennel your pet in your absence.
3) Remember to bring any major credit card or CareCredit to pay your bill over the phone before leaving to limit the exchange of money and checks.
4) If you are picking up a prescription, or if your pet is seeing a Technician only, you will be asked to remain in your vehicle. Call us when you arrive and someone will bring out your medication or retrieve your pet(s).
To Our GROOMING & BOARDING Clients:
All Boarding, Grooming and Veterinarian Exams are done by appointment only.
1) Call us immediately when you arrive and STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE WITH YOUR PET until you receive instruction from our staff. Please do not wander in the parking lot or anywhere outside of your car.
2) Someone will come to your vehicle and receive your pet(s) for their appointment.
3) Just like our Hebron location, ONE PERSON will be allowed inside the building during their pet's Doctor exam. If you elect to stay inside your vehicle, the Doctor will communicate with you over the phone. You may also pay for services over the phone to limit exposure of exchanging money and checks.
YOU MUST WEAR A MASK IF YOU CHOOSE TO COME INSIDE WITH YOUR PET PER THE NEW MANDATE SET FOR LICKING COUNTY.
REST ASSURED, WE ARE CARING FOR OUR BOARDING ANIMALS EVEN WHEN OUR DOORS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT IS HELPING US CONTINUE SERVING OUR PATIENTS
BY FOLLOWING THESE EVER-CHANGING SAFETY REGULATIONS.
Taking care of your pet can be even more rewarding when you become a member of Zoetis Petcare Rewards. You will earn rewards that can help you save money at your pet’s next visit with us!
Sign up today at www.zoetispetcarerewards.com
We would be nothing without our (awesome)
Licensed Veterinary Technicians !
Heartworm disease is a serious, potentially deadly illness that can affect any dog, anytime, anywhere. It is found in all 50 states, and all it takes is one mosquito bite. Heartworm disease is treatable, but it takes a physical and emotional toll on both the affected dog and their humans, not to mention the monetary toll.
Now, you can protect your dog with a single dose every 6 months!
ProHeart 6 is an injectable heartworm prevention that gives 6 months of uninterrupted protection for your dog, and peace of mind for you.
. . . and if this cartoon depicts your monthly routine accurately, ProHeart6
injectable prevention may be the perfect solution for you and your pet!
Our Mission Statement
The entire staff at Refugee Canyon Veterinary Services strives to provide quality medical care for all of our clients’ animals, and to meet their needs in a professional and friendly manner, by serving them as we would wish to be served.
Further, may we always remember that our thoughts become words, our words become actions, our actions become habits, our habits become our character, and our character becomes our destiny — and WE control that destiny!