Refugee Canyon has been providing quality veterinary health care, grooming, and boarding services to the community. With 4 full-time veterinarians and a supportive staff, Refugee Canyon continues to stay on the cutting edge of veterinary care and continues to learn, educate, and grow.
Our RCVS Team strives to maintain long-term relationships with patients and clients, so you can be sure your companions are taken care of by someone you know and trust. Refugee Canyon provides state-of-the-art, individual care combined with loving concern and attention to make you and your pet’s visit as stress free and easy as possible.
A MESSAGE FROM THE DOCTORS & STAFF
regarding Coronavirus / COVID-19
Mandatory Protocols & Procedures
(updated March 22, 2020)
First of all, we will remain open as long as possible, but we need your help to keep everyone healthy on our Team.
So once again, THANK YOU for your continued patience -- we will all get through this if we work together.
Now for the rules:
NOBODY -- FOR ANY REASON -- WILL BE ALLOWED INSIDE OUR VETERINARY CLINIC IN HEBRON, OR INSIDE THE BOARDING FACILITY IN PATASKALA.
*DO NOT COME & KNOCK ON THE DOOR.
*DO NOT ASK TO USE OUR BATHROOM.
What you need to do at our HEBRON location (SICK ANIMAL APPOINTMENTS):
1) Call us immediately when you arrive and STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE WITH YOUR PET until you receive instruction from our staff. Please do not wander around outside of your car.
Puppies & Kittens will need their boosters for immunity, but if you have an adult animal that is due for vaccines, you may postpone their appointment for a few weeks as long as you don't have any medical concerns for them. If you are not sure whether you should postpone your pet's vaccinations, just give us a call to discuss.
2) When our Technicians come to your vehicle, be sure they have your correct cell number, and tell them any concerns you are having with your pet to relay to the Doctor.
We may attempt FaceTime or Facebook Messenger with some clients during their pet's examination in order to better communicate with the attending Veterinarian, so ask us about this option if you'd like to try it.
Remember, the Doctor and most of the staff will only be able to talk with you via telephone, so please keep your cell phone on at all times.
3) One last thing. Please bring a credit card or CareCredit to pay your bill over the phone before leaving so we don't have to exchange money or checks.
What you need to do at our PATASKALA location (GROOMING & BOARDING CLIENTS):
1) If you're going to Board with us, please call ahead to review the contract and relay feeding instructions, etc. over the phone. If this is not possible, you may fill out a Boarding Contract form in your vehicle when you arrive.
2) Call from your vehicle when you arrive, and please stay inside your car.
3) We will come out and receive your animal for their boarding or grooming appointment.
We may bring out a slip leash to use on your dog(s). DO NOT TAKE OFF YOUR PET'S COLLAR/LEASH UNLESS WE ASK YOU TO DO SO. If your pet is in a carrier, set it on the ground beside your car door so our Staff can retrieve it.
Unfortunately, SOCIAL DISTANCING is a priority as WE ALL KNOW SOMEONE that is in the high-risk category for Coronavirus (i.e, Jodi & Dr. Samantha have a 5-month old baby at home).
4) When your pet is ready to be picked up, call us again from your vehicle when you arrive. We will have you pay over the phone with a credit card or CareCredit, and a staff member will then bring your animal(s) out to your vehicle.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT IS HELPING US SERVE OUR PATIENTS
BY FOLLOWING THESE NEWEST SAFETY REGULATIONS.
BEAR WITH US. BE KIND. BUT MOST OF ALL, STAY WELL!
Taking care of your pet can be even more rewarding when you become a member of Zoetis Petcare Rewards. You will earn rewards that can help you save money at your pet’s next visit with us!
Sign up today at www.zoetispetcarerewards.com
We would be nothing without our (awesome)
Licensed Veterinary Technicians !
Heartworm disease is a serious, potentially deadly illness that can affect any dog, anytime, anywhere. It is found in all 50 states, and all it takes is one mosquito bite. Heartworm disease is treatable, but it takes a physical and emotional toll on both the affected dog and their humans, not to mention the monetary toll.
Now, you can protect your dog with a single dose every 6 months!
ProHeart 6 is an injectable heartworm prevention that gives 6 months of uninterrupted protection for your dog, and peace of mind for you.
. . . and if this cartoon depicts your monthly routine accurately, ProHeart6
injectable prevention may be the perfect solution for you and your pet!
Our Mission Statement :
The entire staff at Refugee Canyon Veterinary Services strives to provide quality medical care for all of our clients’ animals, and to meet their needs in a professional and friendly manner, by serving them as we would wish to be served.
Further, may we always remember that our thoughts become words, our words become actions, our actions become habits, our habits become our character, and our character becomes our destiny — and WE control that destiny!